Need a good last minute gift idea? Try this recipe for Heath Crunch Cookie Truffles. It makes 3-4 dozen truffles (depending on how big you make them) so you can get a lot of gifts out of one batch. But be warned, these are addictive little treats so package them up quickly or you’ll find yourself snacking on them endlessly.
Heath Crunch Cookie Truffles
1/2 Cup butter, softened
3/4 Cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tsp bourbon
2 Cups all purpose flour
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 Cup chocolate chips
3/4 Cup heath bits
2 lbs white chocolate candy coating
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar. Then add the bourbon.
2. Slowly add the flour making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl 2-3 times.
3. Pour in the condensed milk and mix until evenly mixed
4. Add the chocolate and heath and stir by hand making sure the bits are spread through the batter.
5. Cover 2 large baking sheets with sheets of parchment. With hands well floured begin to shape the dough into small balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet – making sure to keep your hands floured because the batter is sticky.
6. Once all the dough has been balled up chill the baking sheets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling melt the candy coating according to package instructions.
7. Remove the dough fro the fridge and roll in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment. Candy coating will harden up pretty quickly so if you want to top with a garnish (I used heath bits) move fast.
8. Let them set for an hour or two in a cool place but don’t freeze or you’ll risk cracking the coating. Then box them up, add a bow and you’re good to go.